The Blue Mountain Shepherd

~Then he said to them, "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matthew 4:19)~

Discussion Forums

Forum Home > Bible > King James Bible

defendurfaith
Site Owner

Everyone has thier own reasons why they prefer certain versions of the Bible. I stick with the King James Version for my own set of reasons. What is your thoughts on this?

February 17, 2010 at 5:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TED3
Administrator

I believe that the King James Version is the best and most accurate translation in English that is available to us, therefore I consider it to be the only "official" version. I have other translations available, but to me the only real authority is the King James Version. Other people may differ with that opinion.

February 17, 2010 at 10:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MOF
Administrator

I, too, believe that the King James Version is the most accurate. If you must read another version, please go back and read the same from KJV.  Compare the two and most of all PRAY for understanding.

February 22, 2010 at 5:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TED3
Administrator

I also believe in the inspiration of scripture as is mentioned in these verses.

2Pe 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

2Pe 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

The consistancy of the Biblical "story" from Genesis to Revelation is remarkable considering that the Bible was written by many diferent men, living in greatly differing times and circumstances.

That is a great proof of the 2 verses above. The Bible is not just a book thrown together by man, It is the inspired Word of God put in writing by holy men of God as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

July 20, 2010 at 11:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.